Saturday, October 5, 2013

Utrecht University: Good choice!


Welcome and hello to all of you out there!

In the upcoming months I am going to share my personal Utrecht Experience with anybody who is interested and willing to give up some precious minutes reading my blog. I hope to compensate your time by offering you insights into the exciting live of an international student at Utrecht University.
My name is Jana, I am 24 years old! (!yes I do feel old around here, but later more on that)  from Cologne, Germany. I am following the Master at the Utrecht School of Economics (USE) in „International Economics and Business“ and I decided to specialize in „International Management“.

Before I started the one year Master Program, I already completed a three year Bachelor study in “Economics and Business Economies” also at USE.  The questions I hear the most when I tell people that I am from Germany are: Why did you come here? How come that you decided to study in Utrecht?
Well, let me explain once more: After an High School Year in America, I realized that I want to follow a study completely taught in English. However, there are not many English Bachelor studies to be found in Germany and having been staying abroad once before, going again seemed appealing. Having been so far from home for already one year, this time I wanted to keep it close. Well, it ain’t getting much closer than going to your neighbor country. I like to have the option to be home fast and relatively cheap, while still being in a foreign country and “doing my own thing”.  Of course the academic aspect was not unimportant either: Dutch universities always score top positions at international rankings. After considering Maastricht University (with around 60% Germans, I felt that there are more German ‘Bier’ drinking habits and ‘Schlager’ songs than a small city and its citizens can handle), Utrecht University proofed to be the right choice. 
Tot snel! Bis bald! Talk to you soon!
Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment